3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 11:28 PM by abeanland RSS

Do you have any suggestions for presenting to high school teachers?

Sheri Hayes New User
Currently Being Moderated

I'd like to find interactives that Math, Science, Social studies, and English teachers would be able to use in their classes. 

• Re: Do you have any suggestions for presenting to high school teachers?
    MMehsikomer New User

Because high school teachers tend to be more content-specific in their interests and needs, I try to carve out some time in the workshop for them to explore for a bit to find things that are useful to them with a little guidance. I start by showing them an overview of the site and how to use the different ways of searching and the alignment of state standards. Then I turn them loose for a little while and ask them to find a resource that relates to something they are either teaching now or will be in the near future. I then have them share.

I do walkarounds and help with questions or give assistance to those who might be having trouble finding what they need, or perhaps they are in a specialized content area and need some different ideas since the resource search results are not obvious for their content.

Sheri Hayes New User

I have a list of the topics that we searched for the high school science teachers.  The following all came up empty:  dimensional analysis, mass to mass calculations, stoichiometry, balancing equations, moles, scientific notation, conversion factors, mole to mass calculations, Avogadro's number.   I was sad and surprised to see so many teachers come up empty handed on a search.  I'm not at all familiar with these topics as I've been in an elementary setting.  I'm hoping to get some help and suggestions. 

abeanland New User

I have found some fabulous writing interactives that are perfect for a smartboard in the Read, Write, Think website.  Some of these would need to be tweeked so that they are appropriate for high school students.  After trying some of these intereactives, I am amazed at the willingness of these students to do anything on the smartboard, no matter how simple.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points