Updated: August 15, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
At the top right of every Thinkfinity Community page is a search field. By using this search, you can locate discussions, documents, blog posts, updates, and members within the community.
- Enter a keyword or search phrase in the search field located in the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page. You should immediately see a "spotlight search" drop down showing you the top Content, People and Places related to your search.
- Select the magnifying glass (or press return on your keyboard) next to the search field to activate your search.
- The search results page will provide you a list of results as well as search options and filters that can be used to narrow your search.
- Use the filters at the top of the search to narrow down to view content, people, places, status updates or direct messages.
- In order to filter out specific content (i.e. discussions or blog posts), choose Content and modify the What option to narrow your results.
- Enclose your search phrase in quotes to restrict results to the exact phrase.
- Use specific key terms in your search, leave out words like "the" or "and".
- If no results are found, search use a different term. Since members select tags for their posts, discussions and documents, you might find a similar term will produce more successful results.