We seek to have the Verizon Thinkfinity Community be a welcoming and productive place to interact.
Please follow these common sense rules of conduct during your visits to the site:
- Be courteous. Have an opinion, but don't attack others with hurtful or unprofessional remarks. When you disagree with someone, discuss the issue gracefully. Before you post something, ask yourself: how would I feel if this post were about me?
- Be professional at all times. Since we recognize that many of our members may access this site in a professional setting such as a school office, teacher’s lounge, or other work setting, and that members as young 13 are welcome to join the community, we ask that members please maintain professionalism in all content, including content marked as private or secret.
- Be helpful to new members. Many valued contributors start out by feeling their way around a site. Even if the question seems obvious to you, please treat others with respect when responding.
- Be of age. Thinkfinity Community adheres to COPPA guidelines which requires that information not be collected from people 12 years old and younger. Therefore, people under 13 years of age are not permitted to be members of the Thinkfinity Community.
- Font size matters. Using all caps/large fonts for minimal emphasis is fine but using these for sentences or paragraphs is considered "yelling".
- Do not post offensive content. Do not post material that is harassing, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity. Posting *********** and word substitutions is forbidden. Do not post words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or religion. A general rule of thumb: if you are interested in posting or quoting from an email publicly, please check with the sender first.
- Do not advertise. The Thinkfinity Community seeks to be an advertisement-free environment; therefore, we do not welcome any advertisements or promotions anywhere on the site, including discussions, documents, groups or bookmarks. Never send unsolicited Private Messages containing promotional material (if you have received unwanted Private Messages, please Contact Us to report the problem).
- Harassment and threats will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Respect copyright. Do not plagiarize or post any images or other content from another source unless you are sure it is in the public domain or that the owner has granted permission. Check website terms of service to see if the site has rules about when you may reproduce content.
- Respect the law. Adhere to laws and regulations in the country, state, and local jurisdictions where business is conducted.
- Correct mistakes promptly. You can edit your comments and documents. Be sure to correct errors within 48 hours when alerted to them.
- Stay on topic. Reflect before you post, is what you are saying relevant to the discussion you are posting it to? If in doubt, start a new discussion or post to a more relevant area. Most of the community discussions are read by busy members and hijacking thread topics is disrespectful of everyone's time.
- Adhere to Verizon Networks Content guidelines. We recommend all members browse the details of the Content Policy for Verizon Networks and the Guiding Principles for Content on Verizon Networks.
Disregard of these policies and guidelines may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- The offensive item is removed.
- The offender is given a warning.
- The offender's account is suspended/removed.
- The offender is banned from participating in the community. Note: If a member is banned, all of his or her content is also deleted, and he or she cannot create a new account.