2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2011 9:07 PM by wonderfrog RSS

Book Study:Teach Like Your Hair Is on Fire

prescy New User
Currently Being Moderated

The first time we were given this assignment, I was reluctant about it.  I thought negatively about it.  I was hesitant to start the work.  First of all, I have all the excuses in the world! After all, the school year just started. I read my friends' ideas and thoughts about the NOOK and that drove me to open my NOOK and bought that book, Teach Like Your Hair Is on Fire. What book is this that they find so amusing and informative?  I bought the book two weeks ago, and finished reading it in a week, between my school teaching and personal activities.  WONDERFUL BOOK! INFORMATIVE! I made a connection withe author because, like him, I am also a teacher. His problems were almost like mine. I can relate with him.We are in the same boat!

The forum questions were well thought of. It is so wonderful to be able to read other teachers' ideas and thoughts. It is also a wonderful feeling to be able to share my own thoughts and ideas. There is no winner or ***** in this activity. It is merely sharing and somehow, learning from each other. Answering those Forum questons are addicting. Maybe, because I like to write.  I was able to answer 4 Forum questions at one sitting! Thanks to Richard Rupp who made this book study possible. Now I'm enjoying it to the fullest!

• Re: Book Study:Teach Like Your Hair Is on Fire
    wonderfrog New User

Thanks for the positive feedback, Merly.  On your behalf I will extend your thanks to the entire TRCEMT team and especially to Christine and Toni.  I think the book studies were Christine's idea, but Toni was a major resource and resource finder for the questions in the "Hair on Fire" book study.  All of us, however, are very happy that you are enjoying the process.

• Re: Book Study:Teach Like Your Hair Is on Fire
      wonderfrog New User

Congratulations to Susana Silva, the first participant to fully complete the "Teach Like Your Hair is On Fire" bookstudy!

Honorable mention also goes to Merly Ingram who is well on her way to completion with 18 of 25 course components completed.

Keep up the great work!

Remember, all components of the book study must be completed by Dec. 15.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points