3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2011 11:08 AM by Sharron Bills RSS

Project Share

dsmesny New User
Currently Being Moderated

Has your district uploaded all of the teachers into Project Share? Is your district using the program? How? Are students using the program? What are your district's future plans for Project Share?

• Re: Project Share
    barbsteere New User

We are beginning to use Project Share in Wichita Falls...Our secondary Science curriculum coordinator has introduced us to the web site and given all secondary science teachers logins.  We did a PD for about 1.5 hours & were acclimated to the whole website, by going through each area on the site & "finding our way around" in Epsilen.

I'm not really sure where we are going with all of this in the near future, but I do like the idea of doing PDs on/through Epsilen.  Right now, it's just another place I need to check in to at least weekly for any updates, although I do receive notification of updates to my email.

We have not begun to use this site for students as yet.  However I can see an advantage to doing so and, as one of the textbook adoption chairs, I will most likely bring Epsilen up as an alternative text...

We are rolling out the C-Scope curricula for science this fall...So I'm not certain as to the plans our WFISD has for use of Epsilen...

Hope this helps!!!

dsmesny New User

Thanks for the info Barbara. We have implemented C-Scope for all core content grades K-12. Therefore, we will NOT be sharing our curriculm. However, our math and science teachers are required to use Project Share complete the requirements of their Region IV training, so those teachers ARE using the program for that purpose.

Sharron Bills New User

All of the ESCs can help schools with getting started with Project Share. TEA is beginning to put many of their professional development activities on Project Share. Students are able to have emails, accounts, etc starting in the 2011-12 school year. Schools may also now host online classes on Project Share also.

Some people are hesitant about devoting great amounts of time, efforts and resources to the site due to the uncertainty of funding issues. Of course, this is a valid concern. As long as we have Robert Scott as commissioner, it will probably be funded because it is his initiative. But as that is a political appointment by the Texas governor, that could change at any time.

If you have not looked closely at the site, I encourage you to do so. There is excellent information from a wide variety of sources there.

Sharron Bills

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points