0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 8:43 PM by Tammy Dewan RSS

How are you preparing yourself and your child for the new school year? What concerns do you have about the new school year?

Tammy Dewan Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Only one more week till school starts for my girls! I have one daughter going into 8th grade and the other going into 4th grade at a new school. So, as we prepare for school, my 8th graders’ main concerns are if she got into advanced language arts, if her friends are in her “pod”, she needs a new backpack that’s stylish and big enough for all her books and a pair of rainbow flip flops. I was quite shocked to see how much backpacks cost! I ended up buying one on eBay for half the price so one thing checked off my list.

Does anyone else have any tips for buying back packs?

I am also in shock about how much these “special” flip flops cost…can’t commit to those.

For my daughter who is starting a new school, her main concern was making new friends. I found this helpful article with great tips for how a parent can help their child make new friends.

Does anyone else have good tips for helping new students fit into a new school? 

Here are two more resources I found helpful:

Help Your Child Prepare for Back to School

Back-to-School Checklist 

What types of things are on your mind for the new school year?  Use this forum to provide other parents with advice to put their minds’ at ease.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...