1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 11:58 PM by kcyoo RSS

More aware of technology

calinacc New User
Currently Being Moderated

While many of the apps presented in the workshop were not applicable to my class since there is only 1 iPad in the room (and they are first graders) one thing I did pull from the workshop was my overall awareness of technology in my classroom. Prior to the workshop I rarely ever included technology in my day-to-day teaching. However now I am more aware of that. I try to incorporate things from the internet more (read aloud books, youtube videos, etc.) and I try to bring my students to the computer room more often so they can get used to using technology. Lastly, I've downloaded other K-1 friendly apps that my students get to use during math or reading centers to continue their practice of words and numbers.

• Re: More aware of technology
    kcyoo New User
    Currently Being Moderated

I am in a similar position to you. I have access to one iPad in my classroom and no access to internet connection. I was not able to use the apps introduced in the workshop in my classroom for a lesson, but I would definitely like to explore more apps that can act as an additional resource for my students. I've found apps that help students through basic drills, like sight words or letter formation, to be helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...