1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 11:38 PM by mauimaniac RSS

What Virtual Learning Platform do you use or want to use? (and bonus video)

Kristin Townsend Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

During the 2013 VILS Virtual Conference AJ Juliani wonderfully described the ins and outs of leading and emerging Virtual Learning Platforms (VLPs) like Schoology, Edmodo and Google Drive. Are you using VLPs in your school? If so, which one, and how has it changed your teaching practice? If not (or not YET), are you hoping to move in this direction? AJ's opinion is that it should be a requirement. What do you think? 

As a bonus for reading this far, here's Derek Siver's great video AJ shared about Starting a Movement and First Followers being the real Leaders. Start your movement today!

• Re: What Virtual Learning Platform do you use or want to use? (and bonus video)
    mauimaniac New User
    Currently Being Moderated

Awesome! Love the simple way of explaining the importance of the first follower. It was exciting to see how everyone starting jumping in and how big it got. I hope I am able to start something that big in my life. In my school I started using DropBox to store our grade levels documents. Although not all of the 7 teachers embraced the idea. I found that other teachers from other grade levels were asking me about it. They started creating their own drop box for their grade level. Now there are 3 grade levels that are using it. I know that this is not a virtual learning platform but its just an example.  I can see using other great resources that are available to us teachers like this website, khanacademy.org, and teachnology.com.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points