PowerPoint -- record slide comments:
To record a sound for a PowerPoint 2003/2007 presentation, you can follow the steps below:
- 1. Open the PowerPoint presentation you are going to record a sound in, and go to Insert -> Movies and Sounds -> Record Sound
- 2. In the following Record Sound dialog, in the Name field, enter a name for the recording to come.
- 3. Next, at the bottom of the dialog, click the red dot (the Record button) to start recording a sound.
- 4. When finished, click the blue square (the Stop button) on the left of the Record button.
- 5. To test the recorded sound, click the blue triangle (the Play button).
- 6. Record another sound if the existing one is not satisfying. To confirm the recorded sound, click OK. The sound icon is displayed on the current slide.
VoiceThread - post a picture or video and record or type comments into the picture display -- here is a link to the help video for this: https://voicethread.com/support/howto/VoiceThreads/Creating/
Screencast - o - Matic - Use with online books (that are creative commons permission) to record narration for the online text - Use the help video on the home page to see how to get started
Recorder for Free - program to download & install from M:Drive > Software > Audio recorder.... see the word doc instruction in this file.
Students can write to Wiki Books at WikiJunior - in Wikipedia: