Notifications are an easy way to receive new content from the Verizon Thinkfinity Community. By using notifications, you can stay up to date on discussions, polls, blog postings, or other content within the community. You can also elect to have an email summary sent to you with updates from the community on a weekly or daily basis. Notifications are sent to the email address that is attached to your Verizon Thinkfinity Community account.
It is important to point out that notifications are managed in two areas within the community. Be sure to manage both the General Email Notifications and Specific Content Email Preferences on your watch list. Below are instructions for managing both areas.
General Email Notification Preferences
Notifications are governed by the settings found in My Stuff > Preferences under the Email Notification Preferences. Selecting Yes for any of the categories will result in notifications being turned on for ANY content within that category automatically. Selecting No turns off automatic notifications for the category.
[insert graphic of Email Notification Preferences]
To receive an email summary from the community, select how often you would like to receive a summary email from the Send Me an Email Summary setting.
It is recommended that all users view their Email Notifications Preferences after creating an account as many of the categories are automatically enabled for new accounts.
Note: Any user can go to this area at any time to edit these preferences, however, the settings will only apply to content that the user creates or comments on from the time they change the setting forward. Any content that you were already receiving notifications about will remain unchanged and you will continue to receive notifications on that content. See below for removing notifications on specific content.
Receiving Notifications for Specific content
If there is a specific document, discussion thread or blog you wish to receive email notifications for, you can elect to receive content for individual items.
- Navigate to the document, discussion thread or blog for which you would like to receive notification by email when content is added.
- Under the Actions menu on the right side of the screen, select Receive email notifications.
- You will automatically be emailed when the content is updated.
Removing Email Notifications from Specific Content
To eliminate notifications on content that has previously been automatically or manually set for notification, follow the steps below.
- Select My Stuff > Overview.
- Under the Actions menu on the right side of the screen, select Manage email notifications.
- The list includes the items you are watching. To remove an item, select the checkbox to the right of the date and then select Remove Selected Notifications at the bottom of the page.
- To remove all notifications, select the checkbox in the header row to select all items on the page, then select Remove Selected Notifications at the bottom of the page.
[Insert graphic of Your Email Notifications]