Updated: August 26, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
Verizon Thinkfinity understands how important it is to maintain member privacy throughout the Thinkfinity Community. As a result, members have control over their individual profiles as well as who can see their information within the community.
Below are directions for setting your privacy plus detailed information about policy settings that went into effect November 18, 2010.
Modifying your Privacy Settings
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, use the drop down next to your name and select Edit profile and privacy under Personal Settings.
- Select the Privacy Settings tab to specify exactly what information in your profile you would like to be visible and who will be able to view it. You may choose to share your personal profile information with Everyone, Registered Users (members of the community), Friends, or just Yourself.
- Use the drop down menu located to the right of each entry to make your selections. Click on Save at the bottom of the page to apply your preferences.
You may return to this page and change your privacy settings at any time.
Changes in Member Registration Settings
As of November 18, 2010, we changed our member registration:
- If you registered on or before this date, your first/last name defaulted to Hide (this setting is now called Yourself).
- If you registered after this date, your first/last name was set to Everyone and your email address was set to Yourself by default.
We made these changes for two reasons:
First, our members were frustrated that it was difficult to find their friends and colleagues in the community. Since most members' first and last names were hidden, searches for their name returned no results, making it impossible to find friends unless you knew their username. We received overwhelming feedback that educators expected to be able to find their friends in the community and that they expected, upon joining a community, to share their name with other members.
Second, as before members can always change their privacy settings at any time to hide any and all information! We've even refined the privacy settings so that you can choose what information to reveal to Everyone, Registered Members, Friends, or Yourself (meaning that no one sees the information but you).
You may change these settings at any time by following the directions above.