All Verizon Thinkfinity sites are scanned every two weeks for broken links and we repair them as quickly as possible. However, as the World Wide Web is constantly changing and as many of our Content Partners are redesigning their sites this year, you may sometimes encounter broken links while using Verizon Thinkfinity resources.
How to report a broken link
- If broken link is found on a specific Content Partner site, use the Contact link on the Partner Site to notify their webmaster. If the broken link is a Partner-reviewed link, it will take a little longer to communicate the problem to the third party. Depending on the value of the secondary resource, sometimes the Content Partner will simply delete the link or perhaps substitute a similar resource for the broken link.
- If you find the broken link on the Verizon Thinkfinity site, such as in our Search Engine, use the Contact Us link at the top of the Thinkfinity site and we will notify the appropriate party.
To assure the broken link gets fixed quickly, please provide the following specific information when reporting a broken link:
- Copy and paste the URL into the contact form.
- Tell us where you found the broken link (on a particular Content Partner site, in a search result, etc.)
- Provide the name of the resource or the keyword(s) you were searching with at the time.
Thank you in advance for reporting broken links. We appreciate your feedback and want your experience searching for resources to be a postive one.