A Favorite Resource is a bookmark or link to any website, document, or discussion that is useful to you. Your Favorite Resources live within the Verizon Thinkfinity Community, so you can access them from any computer by logging into the Community.
There are three ways to add a Favorite Resource:
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create New > Favorite Resources. Enter the URL and select Next. Add a title, descriptive notes, and some identifying tags. Select Save. Remember, adding tags allows your resource to be quickly and easily located as your list of Favorite Resources grows.
- Tip 1: It is a good idea to put a descriptive name in the Your Title field rather than the full URL.
- Tip 2: If you would like to rename any bookmark, go to My Stuff > Favorite Resources and select Edit under the Actions column and across from the resource you wish to rename.
- Tip 3: When bookmarking a personal website, make sure to mark it as Private. Note: a personal site might be a recipe, travel site, or favorite sports page that you want to keep but which is not an educational site for sharing within the Thinkfinity Community).
- From within a discussion or document, under the Actions menu, select Save this as a Favorite Resource.
- Bookmark Favorite Resources using the Add to Thinkfinity button:
- In the gold nagivation bar at the top of the page, select My Stuff > Favorite Resources.
- Select the Install the button link in the blue Install Bookmarklet widget. Follow the instructions given.
- Now, you can add bookmarks without being signed into the community by clicking on the link in your browser when you find a site you would like to add as a Favorite Resource. These resources will automatically be saved in your Favorite Resources within the Community. You will need to log into the Community and select My Stuff > Favorite Resources to view the complete list of all your bookmarks.