Updated: August 26, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
If you are seeing a generic blue "thumbnail" image with the outline of a head and shoulders next to your name, it means you have not yet chosen an avatar. An avatar is a small image that will appear next to your discussion posts and in the Member tab of the groups you join.
To choose from one of the community avatar images or upload your own, follow the directions below. Note that when you change your avatar, it will automatically update your image everywhere on the site. You may only upload one customized avatar photo at a time, and that image may be a JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP only, with a maximum file size of 50.0 MB.
- Select Change photo and avatar from the drop down next to your name on the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page.
- To select an avatar image from the collection of colorful images on the right side of the page, simply click on a photo you like. Skip ahead to Step 5.
- If you would like to customize your avatar photo and haven't yet uploaded your own, click Add another avatar at the end of the photo list and follow the two steps to Upload an image from your computer and Crop the photo. Then, skip ahead to Step 5.
- If you would like to change an avatar photo that you have uploaded, you will need to select Delete underneath the photo and then select the Finished button at the bottom left side of the page. Then, return to Step 3 above to upload a new photo.
- Be sure to select the Finished button, at the bottom left side of the page, to save your selection!
Added Note: To the left of the Avatar section is the Profile Photos section where you may Add up to four photos. You may drag the photos to reorder. The Primary photo (upper left photo) will show up in your profile (as the large picture) and the "Members" area when you join a group.