Back to Help Center Index >
Tags are keywords that you assign to content within the Thinkfinity Community. Members of the Community are able to quickly and easily locate this tagged content through the use of key word searches.
Whenever you create content, such as documents, blog posts, discussions or favorite resources, please remember to assign these keywords or tags to the content so that others may find your material.
The directions below will help you assign tags, edit tags and search for tags within the Thinkfinity Community.
Assigning Tags: Documents, Blog Posts and Discussions
- Open a (or create a new) document, blog post, or discussion.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the Tags box.
- Type the tags you want to assign to the content.
- For example, if you are writing a blog post about Fourth of July activities, you may wish to enter the tags: "holiday july celebrate fireworks independence_day declaration."
- Note: Tags are single words. You should use an underscore for phrases such as "independence_day." Tags are separated in the list by a space.
- If possible, choose from the list of popular tags shown below the Tags box. These tag words already exist within Community content. The easiest way to apply popular tags is to click the name of the tag in the Popular Tags list and it will appear in your Tags box.
Assigning Tags: Favorite Resources
When you create a new favorite resource or add a resource using the Add to Thinkfinity Bookmarklet, you have the opportunity to add tags that will help you categorize your favorite resources so they can be quickly found later.
Follow these steps to create a new favorite resource using the gold navigation bar. For more information about the Thinkfinity Bookmarklet see [INSERT LINK].
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create New > Favorite Resource.
- Enter the Web Address and select Next.
- Modify the Title and Add Notes if needed.
- Type the tags you want to assign to the content. You may wish to use some of your popular tags to categorize your favorite resources.
- Select Save.
Once you have created a document, blog post, discussion or favorite resource, you may edit that content and modify your tags.
- Navigate to the content you wish to modify.
- Select Edit the content, typically located under the Actions sidebar.
- Scroll down and modify your tag words under Tags.
- Select Save at the bottom of the edit content window.
Search the Community Using Tags
- Select Browse All > Tags from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
- A "tag cloud," or list of tags, allows you to get a quick view of the most talked about and popular subjects.
- If you are looking for a specific topic, use the Search Box at the top of the tag cloud to locate tags.
- You can also use the filters at the top of the page to filter tags by type of content as well as by community.
Using Tags to Locate Your Favorite Resources
As you collect Favorite Resources, you will want to reference them from time to time. If you added tags to your resources, they will be easy to locate using the directions below.
- Select My Stuff > Favorite Resources from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to filter your favorite resources or use the Search Box to locate a resource by tag word.
- If you are unsure of the tag word you used, view Your Tag list to the right of the page. You can view your Common tags or All of your tags. Select a tag word to view the resources with the tag.