Back to Help Center Index >
Documents created within the Verizon Thinkfinity Community are stored online. You do not need word processing software on your computer to create and edit documents within the community.
As a document owner, you can make the document private, open to anyone or just specific people. Additionally, you can allow others to edit the document, creating a dynamic and collaborative place for groups of people to work together on a single document.
Create a Document
If you would like to create a new document, please follow the directions How To: Create a Document.
Viewing your Documents
To view documents that you have created, select My Stuff > Documents using the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
To view a document, select the document title from the list.
Modify a Document
To modify a document, you must be the owner of the document or have rights from the author.
- Select the document from your list of documents located in My Stuff > Documents.
Note: If the document doesn't show up on your list, someone else owns it. You will need the direct URL of the document or you can go to the owner's profile and select the Documents tab to view the public documents owned by that person. Additionally, if the document is published to a group, you can locate it by going to the group's page and selecting the Documents tab from the top of the page.
- Looking at the document, select Edit document under Actions on the right side of the page.
- Complete the required modifications and select Publish at the bottom of the page.
Manage Visibility and Collaboration of a Document
When you create a new document, you have the option of allowing others to view the document as well as give users the ability to collaborate on the document. By allowing others to collaborate on a single document, you can provide a place to share and create.
When you create a new document, you can define the Visibility and Collaboration Options towards the bottom of the page.
Visibility: Select Just you, Open to anyone, or Just specific people. If you select Just specific people, you must enter their Verizon Thinkfinity username in the space provided.
Collaboration Options: Select Just you, Anyone or Specific people. If you select Just specific people, you must enter their Verizon Thinkfinity username in the space provided.
Under collaboration options, you can also select whether you will allow comments on your document.
To change your visibility and collaboration options on a document you have already created, select the document from your list and under Actions on the right side, select Manage Visibility and Collaboration.
Comment on a Document
- When viewing a document, scroll down to the bottom of the document and select Add a comment under the comment tab. If comments are not allowed, this option will not be available.
- Enter your text and then select Add Comment.
Save a Document as a Favorite
- When viewing a document, under Actions on the right side of the screen, select Save this as a Favorite Resource.
- In the favorite box, enter notes related to the document.
- Enter tags, or keywords that will help categorize the resource.
- If you would like to make the resource private, check Make this favorite resource private.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
To view your favorite resources, from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select My Stuff > Favorite Resources.