Updated: September 2, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
There are many different ways to search the community. Whether you are looking for a colleague, community resources, or discussions of interest, there is a way to search for it.
The directions below will help you locate resources quickly within the community.
General Search of Entire Community
- Enter a keyword or search phrase in the search bar located on the right side of the dark red navigation bar on the top of any community page.
- A quick search will pop down showing relevant results (see right) or select the magnifying glass next to the search bar to complete your search.
- The search results page will provide you with a list of results as well as search options and filters that can be modified to narrow your search.
Search for a Person
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, select Browse > People.
- Use the filters along the left or above the results to locate other community members.
Use the drop down to sort by first name, last name, date joined, or status level. Add keywords to filter by text.
Making Sure you Show in Search Results
If you would like to show up in a search, you can change your privacy options.
You can make this change, or reverse it, at any time.
- In the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, use the drop down next to your name and select Edit Profile and Privacy.
- Click on the Privacy Settings tab .
- Click the drop down and select either Everyone (can be found without logging in) or Registered Users (only registered, logged in users will be able to find you).
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
Please note that it is not possible to edit your own username at this time. If you wish to change your username, it can only be done by using the Contact Us link in the community.
Search for a Bookmark
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, select Browse > Bookmarks.
- Select All, from the left side of the page.
- Bookmarks will be displayed beginning with most recent. Using the filters at the top of the results, you can narrow your results by date, type of resource, or filter by keyword or tag.
In order to save a resource to your bookmarks, select the cog wheel in the lower left corner of the resource thumbnail. Choose bookmark from the list.
Search for a Place
- Select Browse > Places from the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Use the search box at the top of the page to locate groups by keywords. Additionally, you can click on a tag word or use the filters at the top of the search results to narrow your search and find a specific group or place of interest.
- Once you have located a group of interest, you can join that group. For more about using groups, go to How to: Use Groups.
Search Popular Tag Words
- Go to the main Thinkfinity homepage by selecting the Thinkfinity logo in the upper left corner of the page. Alternatively, you go to Welcome | Thinkfinity.
- Select Browse > Content from the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Choose filter by tag.
- Choose browse more tags.
- This pop up shows the 200 most popular tags. Select one or more tags that you would like to browse by clicking on them. Click "Done" when you are finished to filter content by the tags that you have selected.
General Search Tips
- Enclose your search phrase in quotes to restrict results to that exact phrase.
- Use specific key terms in your search, leaving out words like "the" or "and."
- If no results are found, search using a different term. Since members select keywords for their posts, discussions, and documents, you might find a similar term will get the results you want.