Back to Help Center Index >
Community members can use discussions to share ideas and resources, provide useful advice, share an opinion or ask questions. These discussions are asynchronous, so you can poast anytime, from anywhere and there are always community members willig to offer advice, make a suggestion or just lend an ear.
If you would like to know how to respond to a discussion that was started by someone else, check out How To: Participate in Discussions.
If you have a question or idea and want to share, read the directions below on how to start a new discussion.
Directions: Starting a Discussion
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create New > Discussion.
- A drop down menu will appear asking you to select a location to post your discussion.
- Once you have selected a location to post your discussion, it will automatically direct you to a New Discussion.
- Enter a title for your discussion.
- If the discussion is a question, select Mark this discussion as a Question. People who respond will receive points within the community.
- Enter your discussion content and select tag words for your discussion.
Note: Think of a tag as a simple category name. You can categorize your documents, discussions, and blog posts with any word or words that make sense. People can also search using tags.
- When complete, select Post Message at the bottom of the page.