Back to Help Center Index >
Community members can use discussions to ask questions or introduce new ideas to the community. Discussions are a quick way to get an answer to a question or feedback on an idea. These discussions are asynchronous, so you can post anytime, from anywhere and there are always community members willing to offer advice, make a suggestion or just lend an ear.
If you would like to better understand how to respond to a discussion that was started by someone else, check out the Help Center document, How To: Participate in Discussions.
If you have a question or idea and want to share, read the directions below on how to start a new discussion.
Directions: Starting a Discussion
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create > Discussion.
- A drop down menu will appear asking you to select a location to post your discussion.
- Once you have selected a location to post your discussion, it will automatically direct you to a New Discussion form.
- In the title box, enter a question for your discussion.
- If the discussion is a question with a specific answer, you may select the option to Mark this discussion as a Question. When you select the answer that you think is correct, that will end your discussion.
- Enter your discussion content and select tag words for your discussion.
Note: Think of a tag as a simple category name. You can categorize your documents, discussions, and blog posts with any word or words that make sense. People can also search using tags.
- When complete, select Post Message at the bottom of the page.
Read more on How To: Write Questions that Stimulate Discussion