Polls can be created by any member on any topic. Since this community is primarily focused on education and technology, we hope your polls will address one or both of these topics. We encourage members to make polls and use them as a jumping off point for other discussions in your groups and communities.
Members can view all polls. This means that responses from your poll could include answers from all community members, not just members of your group or community.
You must create a poll in a group or community. You do not have to be a member of that group or community to create a poll unless the group is a private or member's only group,
- On the group or community page, select Create a Poll under the Actions menu on the right.
- Enter your question in Title text box. The poll description is optional.
- Enter your answer choices.
- The lifespan of a poll is defined by the Voting Starts and Voting Ends options. Under Voting Starts, you may select Immediately or choose a specific start date. Under Voting Ends, you may select to close it manually, choose a number of days to keep the poll open or select a specific date for it to end. During the period between a poll's start and end dates, it will appear in the forums and members can vote. After the end date, voting is closed but the poll is still visible. After the expiration date, the poll will no longer appear in the community.
- Click Create.
Viewing Poll Results
Once you vote, the results will be displayed in the widget which previously displayed the poll. As the creator of a poll, you can also view the poll results by clicking on the poll title.
Modifying, Expiring and Deleting Polls
- To edit, archive or delete a poll click on the poll title.
- Select Edit Poll, Archive Poll or Delete Poll from the Actions menu on the right.
Worked on by Crystal, Marc, Jane