Updated: August 26, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
Polls can be created by any member. Since this community is primarily focused on education and technology, we hope your polls will address one or both of these topics. We encourage members to create polls and use them as a jumping off point for other discussions in your groups.
Polls, even those created in your personal space are public and can be viewed by anyone with access to the community. This means that responses to your poll could include answers from all community members, not just members of your group.
You may create a poll in your personal space or a group. You do not have to be a member of that group or community to create a poll unless the group is a private or a member's only group.
Create a Poll in your Personal Space or a Group
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create > Poll.
- Choose a location, such as the default Your Polls, a group, or if you don't see your group listed select Browse for more places.
- Enter your question in the Title text box. The poll description is optional.
- Enter your answer choices. There is a minimum of 2 choices and a maximum of 10. You can also add images.
- The lifespan of a poll is defined by the Voting Starts and Voting Ends options. Under Voting Starts, you may select Immediately or choose a specific start date. Under Voting Ends, you may select to close it manually, choose a number of days to keep the poll open, or select a specific date for it to end. During the period between a poll's start and end dates, it will appear in the forums and members can vote. After the end date, voting is closed, but the poll is still visible.
- Add Tags that will help users locate your poll within the community.
- Select Create.
Note: You can also create a poll from a group page. Under Actions, choose Create a poll.
Viewing Poll Results
Once you vote, the results will be displayed in the widget which previously displayed the poll. You can also view the poll or results and any comments by clicking on the poll title.
Modifying, Expiring, and Deleting Polls
- To edit, archive, or delete a poll, click on the poll title in your group or personal space.
- Select Edit, Archive Poll, or Delete Poll from the Actions menu on the right.
Note: To view all polls that you created, choose Browse > Content from the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page. Then, sort the list by authored and polls.