A blog post within the Verizon Thinkfinity Community works best as a one-way post from a manager to a crowd. People can comment on blog posts, but generally blogs are expected to be less interactive.
Blog posts are a great way for groups to spread information or post announcements. The directions below will help you create, edit and add a blog widget to your group's page.
Directions: Creating a Blog Post
- Navigate to the group homepage where you would like to create a blog post by selecting My Stuff > Groups from the gold navigation bar at the top of any community page. Please note that you must be a member of a group to create a blog post if the group is members-only.
- Locate the Actions navigation pane on the right side of the screen, select Create a Blog Post.
- Enter a title and the content for your blog post. You can add links, images, and more using the toolbar at the top of the content box.
- Add Tags, simple category words, to help organize your posts and make them more easily searchable by the other members of your group.
- To add a publish date and time or change commenting options for your post, select the plus sign located to the left of Extended Opotions below your content window.
- Select Publish. Selecting Save or Save and Continue will create a draft of your post.
Directions: Editing a Published Blog Post
- Navigate to the group homepage where your blog post is published. Select the Blog tab at the top of the group page.
- Select the title of the blog post you would like to edit.
- Under Actions on the right side of the screen, select Edit Post.
- Modify the post and select Publish.
Directions: Adding a Blog Widget for Group Announcements
If you would like to use blog posts to post announcements and share information to your group members, consider adding a blog widget in a prominate location on your group's page by following the directions below.
- Go to the group homepage and select the Overview tab. Then, select Customize.
- Under Widgets, select Content.
- Select Recent Blog Posts. You will see a preview of the widget on the right side of the customize screen.
- Use the green, Drag to Add button to drag the widget from the preview to your main page.
- Once added, use the gray drop down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the widget and select, Edit this Widget.
- In this view, you can customize the title of the widget, the number of results and other properties specific to the widget. Select Save Proerties when complete.
- Once you have made the desired changes, make sure to select Publish Layout in the customized screen at the top of the page.
Worked on by Crystal, Marc, Theresa, Jane