At the top right of every Thinkfinity Community page, above the gold navigation bar, is a search field. By using this search, you can locate discussions, documents, blog posts, updates, and members within the community.
- Enter a keyword or search phrase in the search field. You should immediately see a grey "spotlight search" window that will provide a shortcut to the top results for content, people, and places.
- Select the red arrow button (or press return on your keyboard) next to the search field to activate your search.
- The search results page will provide you a list of results as well as search options and filters that can be used to narrow your search.
- Use More Options under the search bar on the search results page to restrict the search by community, project, group or person.
- Use the filters at the top of the search results to narrow your search. Select from the icons in the What section to restrict search results to only discussions, documents, blog posts, or links.
- The right side of the search results page displays people and places which match your search criteria.
- Enclose your search phrase in quotes to restrict results to the exact phrase.
- Use specific key terms in your search, leave out words like "the" or "and".
- If no results are found, search use a different term. Since members select tags for their posts, discussions and documents, you might find a similar term will produce more successful results.