As the group owner, you can manage the blog posts in your group. You can edit, publish and delete posts as well as manage comments and modify feed preferences.
Managing Blog Posts
- Navigate to your group's Overview page and select Manage Group Blog from the Manage menu (usually in the right column) to open the Blog Management page.
- The Blog Management page provides you with a summary overview of your blog including recent activity, comments, and trackbacks.
- On the left side of the Blog Management page, under Blog Shortcuts, select Posts.
- This is a list of all the posts to your group's blog. Edit any post by clicking on the name of the post. A green checkmark next to the blog post title means that the post is published.
- To publish or delete a post, click the checkbox to the right of the post title and then select Publish or Delete at the bottom of the page.
Changing Blog Options
- On the left side of the Blog Management page, under Blog Shortcuts, select Options.
- Change options as desired:
- Comment Moderation: If selected, comments must be approved before being published.
- Comment Notification: If selected, an email will be sent to the group owners when a new comment is submitted.
- Feed Preferences Blog Feed: If enabled, members can subscribe to the blog feed using their favorite RSS reader.
- Feed Preferences Content: Select between publishing full posts or just short excerpts in your feed.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
- On the left side of the Blog Management page, under Blog Shortcuts, select Comments. This is a list of all the comments to your group's blog. The status of each comment is shown in the third column, under Status.
- A green check means the comment is published
- A yellow exclamation point shows the comment is awaiting moderator approval.
- Use the icons under the Actions column to view, edit, or delete comments.
On the left side of the Blog Management page, under Blog Shortcuts, select Trackbacks. This is a list of all the trackbacks to your group's blog. A trackback is a reference to your group's blog on a different blog. Sometimes spammers use trackbacks, so it is iimportant to view the trackbacks and delete those that are spam.
Use the icons under the Actions column to delete or approve trackbacks.
worked on by CG, MJ, Jane