Updated: August 26, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
Welcome to the Verizon Thinkfinity Community! This is a list of tips and tricks for new users to the community.
Setting Your Email Preferences
If you are receiving more email notifications than you want, read our Help Center post on The specified item was not found., and/or follow the steps below.
Viewing Email Preferences
- Select your name from the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page.
- From the Actions sidebar on the right, select Edit preferences.
- Select the items you want or do not want to receive emails about.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page to save any changes.
Viewing Your Inbox
- Select Inbox from the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Here you can view all the content you are currently collaborating on or following.
- If you do not want to receive notification on an item, select Stop Tracking.
Joining a Group
- Select Browse > Places in the dark red navigation bar and use the search filters to locate a group that interests you, or select Places from the main navigation bar.
- Locate a group that interests you.
- Select Join this group on the right side of the group navigation bar.
Note: In open groups, you will immediately appear as a member on the Members tab. In members only or private groups, the owner of the group will need to approve you as a member.
- Once you have joined, you will receive confirmation either by a blue pop-up at the bottom of your screen (for open groups) or in your inbox once your membership is approved.
Modifying Your Profile
- From the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, use the drop down next to your name and select Edit Profile and Privacy.
- Edit your profile. When complete, select Save at the bottom of the page.
- Select Privacy Settings. Modify these settings and select Save at the bottom of the page.
Viewing Community Activity
You can view community updates by going to Activity in the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page. Alternatively, you may choose to view content you participated in or that was recently posted by going to Browse > Content in the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page. Once there, you can filter by type of content.
You can bookmark websites directly within the community or install the Add to Thinkfinity button to your browser toolbar to make bookmarking easy.
Bookmark within the Community
From within a discussion or document, select Bookmark to save the resource to your Bookmarks. Note: You will also see how many others have bookmarked the discussion or document.
Bookmark using the "Add to Thinkfinity" button
- In the dark red navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create > Bookmark.
- Select the Click to install link at the bottom of the Create a Bookmark popup. Follow the instructions given.
- Now, you can add bookmarks without being signed into the community by clicking on the link in your browser when you find a site you would like to add as a Bookmark. These resources will automatically be saved in your Bookmarks within the Community. You will need to log into the Community and select Browse > Bookmarks to view the complete list of all your bookmarks.
More bookmarking tips
- Before creating a new bookmark, Search the Community to see if it has already been created. If so, simply select it to add to your bookmarks.
- When creating a new bookmark, create a descriptive title and use tags so others can find it when they search.
- Check Browse > Bookmarks to discover top favorites of the week, month, and year.
- When bookmarking a personal page, mark it private.
The Verizon Thinkfinity Community is supported on the following browsers. There is an app for iPhone and Android that can be downloaded.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- Mozilla Firefox 3 and 3.5
- Apple Safari 3 or 4
- Google Chrome 2 and higher