Welcome to the Verizon Thinkfinity Community! This is a list of tips and tricks for new users to the community.
1. Viewing your email preferences:
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select My Stuff > Preferences.
- Select Email Notifcation Preferences and make changes as desired.
2. Viewing email notifications:
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select My Stuff > Profile.
- From the Actions sidebar on the right hand side of the screen, select Manage Email Notifications.
- Use the check boxes on the left hand side to manage or delete notification as desired.
Joining a Group or Following a Community
1. Joining a Group
- Select Browse All > Groups from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Locate a group of interest by reading the descriptions. You can also click on the group and explore recent discussions and other information if the group is an open group.
- If you would like to join the group, select Join this Group under the Actions sidebar on the right hand side of the screen.
2. Following a Community
- Select Browse All > Communities from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Locate a community of interest and click on the link to take you to the community page.
- If you would like to follow the community, select Follow this Community under Notifications of the right hand side of the screen.
Modifying Your Profile
- In order to modify your profile, select My Stuff > Profile from the gold navigation bar at the top of the page.
- On the right hand side, select Edit Profile.
- Edit the information. Be sure to select whether you want to hide or show your name and/or email address within the community.
- Make sure to include the name you want people to see within the community.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
Personalizing "My Community" View
In order to access information more quickly, you should personalize the My Community view.
- Using the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select My Community.
- Select the blue personalize link in the upper left hand corner of the page.
- A blue layout box will appear at the top of your page. Click through the widgets and select the ones you would like displayed.
- In order to move widgets around the page, hover over a widget on your page. You will get a white hand. Click and drag the widgets around on your page.
- When you are finished personalizing your page, select Publish Layout.
You can bookmark websites directly within the community or install the Add to Thinkfinity button to your browser to make bookmarking easy all the time.
- To bookmark within the community:
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select Create New > Favorite Resources.
- Enter the URL, select next.
- Enter a descriptive title, notes, and tags, select save.
- Note: If you would like the bookmark to be private from the community, make sure to select Make this Favorite Resource Private.
To bookmark using the "Add to Thinkfinity" button:
- From the gold navigation bar at the top of the page, select My Stuff > Favorite Resources.
- Select Install the button link in the blue box at right, near the bottom of the page.
- Now, you can add bookmarks without being signed into the community by clicking on the link in your browser.
More bookmarking tips include:
- Before creating a new bookmark, Search the Community to see if it's already been created. If so, simply select it to add to your favorites.
- When creating a new bookmark, create a descriptive title and use tags so that other can find it when they search.
- Check Browse All > Favorite Resources to discover top favorites of the week, month, and year.
- When bookmarking a personal page, mark it as private.
The Verizon Thinkfinity Community is supported on the following browsers. It is not currently supported on mobile devices.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Mozilla Firefox 2, 3 and 3.5
- Apple Safari 3 or 4
- Google Chrome 2